GAZA CITY - The Associated Press

Israeli troops yesterday shot to death an unarmed Palestinian teenager who cd into Israel from the Gaza Strip, the first death since the two sides reached a cease-fire last month.
In the West Bank, Israel persisted in a crackdown on facilities it says are linked to the Islamic Hamas group that rules Gaza. In the fourth day of operations in the city of Nablus, Israel closed a clinic and TV station, and raided a mosque, a newspaper and other offices.
Hamas said it considered the predawn shooting of the 18-year-old in Gaza a violation of the June 19 truce.
"The Palestinian factions show a great commitment to making this understanding successful, but the occupation must also be committed to their obligations," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said.
However, he did not vow revenge.
Israeli troops fired on the youth after he did not respond to warning shots and calls to stop, a military spokesman said. The soldiers thought he was armed but, after inspecting the body, found that he was not, the spokesman said.
The youth's family said he probably was looking for scrap metal in the area.
The truce that took hold in Gaza last month was meant in its initial phase to halt rocket and mortar fire on southern Israel and to ease harsh Israeli economic sanctions imposed after Hamas overran the territory a year ago.
But sporadic militant attacks have continued, provoking Israel to close its crossings into the coastal strip of 1.4 million Palestinians and keep its blockade more or less intact.
The truce does not extend to the West Bank, which is ruled by moderate Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, Israel's partner in peacemaking.
In recent months, the Israeli military has been clamping down on Hamas operations in the West Bank in an effort to prevent the violently anti-Israel group from overrunning that territory as it did Gaza.
Dozens of military jeeps and trucks entered Nablus before dawn yesterday, witnesses said. Troops raided a medical clinic, confiscating computers and documents, and a local TV station, newspaper, mosque and women's organization. Some of the offices were ordered closed, and troops also confiscated five school buses, they said.
The Israeli military confirmed an operation against Hamas in Nablus, but offered no details.