AC Milan stars Andriy Shevchenko and Filippo Inzaghi have welcomed the news that England's David Beckham could join them on a short-term deal.
The 33-year-old LA Galaxy midfielder has confirmed negotiations over a loan spell in January were ongoing.
Ex-Chelsea forward Shevchenko said: "We would all be happy if he arrives."
His strike partner Inzaghi added: "I would really like it if Beckham came to give us a hand to win. He will certainly get a big welcome."
Earlier this week Milan's technical director Leonardo said the talks were "going really well".
On Friday a statement from Beckham made clear that the discussions are continuing over a loan spell at the end of the current Major League Soccer season.
It said: "Although nothing is confirmed at present, we can confirm that talks are taking place with Milan with regard to a short-term loan move at the start of next year.

"David very much remains a Galaxy player, and he will be in Los Angeles for the start of the 2009 MLS season."
Beckham has won 107 England caps and is determined to maintain his fitness in order to stay in the plans of coach Fabio Capello.
If he plays in the friendly away to Germany next month he will tie Sir Bobby Moore's appearance record for an outfield player.
AC Milan coach Carlos Ancelotti is excited that the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star could be on his way.
"Regarding Beckham, it's very pleasing news," he said. "He is a serious lad, a professional and these are all positive signs.
"Milan are focusing on the present, looking to bring in useful players.
"Beckham will find himself a place at Milanello (the club's training ground), then we'll see on the pitch - but in any case it would only be a question of a few months."
Last winter Beckham trained with Arsenal in a bid to maintain his fitness during the American league's close season.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has said he would welcome Beckham back should his move to Milan fall through, but he will not be making a shock swoop for the LA Galaxy player with Theo Walcott and Emmanuel Eboue already occupying the right wing position.
"I have not been in touch with him, and certainly not as a player for the club," he said. "But if he wants to be fit and practise why not?"
Sir Alex Ferguson, Beckham's former boss at Manchester United, added: "It is hardly a surprise. Going to the United States does not get you the kind of football he is used to.
"It is not the right level of football, therefore coming back into the mainstream of the game is not asurprise.
"People have been edging towards that quite a while now."
Beckham signed a five-year contract with MLS in 2007 and is coming to the end of his second season in America, with the 2009 campaign due to kick off in March.
He is due to play for LA Galaxy - who had previously insisted he would not be able to move to another club on loan during their close season - in two exhibition matches in Australia and New Zealand in December.
But he could then join Milan's stellar squad, which includes Brazilians Ronaldinho, Kaka and Alexandre Pato, as well as Italian internationals Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso, in January. Beckham would be eligible to play for Milan in Serie A and the Uefa Cup.