MPs 'snub' Ahmadinejad poll party

Official election results said Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won easily

More than 100 MPs appear to have snubbed an invitation to celebrate Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's election win, local press reports say.
All 290 MPs were invited to the victory party on Wednesday night but 105 did not turn up, the reports say.
A BBC correspondent says the move is a sign of the deep split at the top of Iran after disputed presidential polls.
Mr Ahmadinejad has told the US not to interfere in Iranian politics, the Fars news agency reports.
"I hope you [US President Barack Obama] will avoid interfering in Iran's affairs and express regret in a way that the Iranian people are informed of it," he was quoted as saying.
President Obama on Tuesday said he strongly condemned the "unjust" violence used on protesters.
Separately, key protest leader Mir Hossein Mousavi said on his website that 70 academics were arrested after meeting with him.
Hundreds of opposition protesters and activists are believed to have been taken into custody and at least 17 people have died in the unrest that followed the 12 June election.
Severe reporting restrictions imposed on foreign media in Iran mean the BBC cannot verify the reports.
'Tear gas'
About 50 MPs in the Iranian parliament are reformist and would not have been expected to attend Mr Ahmadinejad's party.
But the high number of other MPs who stayed away is another indication that the disputed election has split the nation, says the BBC's Jeremy Bowen in Tehran.
The opposition has vowed to continue with its legal challenges over the election result, which saw Mr Ahamadinejad declared an easy winner.
Mr Mousavi, his nearest rival, alleges the election was rigged and wants a re-run.
But time and options are running out for the opposition, says our correspondent.
The Guardian Council, which supervises elections, is expected to follow the line laid down by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei and say the result will stand, our correspondent adds.
Ayatollah Khamenei said again on Wednesday he would "not yield" over the election result.
Hours later, riot police were reported to have clashed again with demonstrators who defied government decrees to stop the street protests.
Witnesses said they saw police beat protesters with batons, fire tear gas and shoot into the air to disperse the crowds in central Tehran.