Holiday fume deaths trial delayed
Christi and Bobby Shepherd died on the Greek holiday island of Corfu
The trial of two holiday reps over the deaths of a brother and sister who died on holiday in Corfu has been further delayed until next year.
Christi Shepherd, seven, and her six-year-old brother Robert, of Horbury, West Yorkshire, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in October 2006.
Their father, Neil Shepherd, and his partner, Ruth Beatson, survived.
Thomas Cook reps Richard Carson, 27, and Nicola Gibson, 25, face charges of manslaughter and negligence.
Their trial was due to start on Thursday but was adjourned until next February or March after legal applications by the defendants.
They are accused of causing manslaughter by negligence in relation to the children, and of causing bodily injury by negligence to Mr Shepherd and Ms Beatson, who receovered after being oversome by fumes.
Ten Greeks, including staff from the Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel in Gouvia, where the family were staying, were also due to be tried.
Mr Shepherd and Ms Beatson have flown to Corfu for the trial, as have the children's mother Sharon Wood and her husband Paul.
A Thomas Cook spokeswoman said: "We are confident that our colleagues acted properly and should not be blamed in any way.
"We continue to give them our full support and believe they will be vindicated by the court."
Mr Carson is still employed by Thomas Cook but Ms Gibson no longer works for the company.